Pets are a perfect gift for the whole family, but they come with “some assembly required.” Bringing home a dog or cat means checking a range of additional items off of the list -- bowls, food, collars, leashes, toys, and more. Most of these necessities can be found in any pet store, but you won’t find everything you need on a shelf. Pet insurance is one of the most important purchases for a new pet, but it requires some research and knowledge to get started.
Benefits of Pet Insurance
Some pet parents may think that pet insurance isn’t a necessity, however, the benefits of pet insurance can far outweigh any doubts. Here are a few perks of pet insurance to consider:
- Protection from Ongoing Pet Care Costs: Very few pet purchases are one-time expenses. While some items not generally covered by insurance, like a microchip or an identification tag, might last for a lifetime, essentials like food and grooming will require years of regular spending. That’s not to mention the costs of both routine and emergency veterinary care. The New York Times reports that medical expenses alone cost the average pet parent between $9,000 and $13,000 -- and price tags are only going up. Pet insurance can provide reimbursement for a wide range of services to ensure pet parents never have to break the bank to promote a pet’s well-being.
- Customized Coverage: Nobody likes paying for things they don’t want or need. Fortunately, PetPartners offers plans, underwritten by Independence American Insurance Company, that don’t saddle policyholders with unexpected or unnecessary expenses. Plans are flexible to fit a pet’s specific needs, as well as budgetary concerns. For example, you may opt into customized add-ons like coverage for preventative care or treatment for hereditary conditions.
- Peace of Mind Throughout a Pet’s Life: Any dog or cat parent will tell you to expect the unexpected. If you adopt a puppy and think that health insurance is unnecessary due to their young age, keep in mind that accidents, injuries, and other pet health emergencies can occur at any time during a pet’s life. In fact, 1 in 3 pets will require emergency medical attention in a given year. Pet insurance can’t eliminate stress, but it can certainly help.
Why Pet Insurance Makes a Great Gift
Simply put, pet insurance is the gift that keeps on giving. It’s an especially great gift for a new pet parent who may be overwhelmed with options (and their new lifestyle change). Pets are living longer than ever and a policy from PetPartners can help ensure they’re happy and healthy throughout their lifetime. Depending on the plan you select, a policy offered by PetPartners and issued through Independence American Insurance Company may cover all or some of the following:
- Accidents and Illnesses: Accident and Illness coverage offers reimbursement for diagnostic and emergency treatments related to diseases and medical emergencies. Mishaps like broken bones, snake bites, and poisoning are covered, as well as illnesses ranging from the mild to the severe.
- Congenital and Hereditary Conditions: Certain dogs are genetically inclined to conditions like heart disease, arthritis, and hip or elbow dysplasia. Selecting a policy with HereditaryPlus coverage can ease a pet parent’s financial burden and help dramatically improve their pet’s standard of living.
- Routine and Preventative Care: The Defender and DefenderPlus wellness plans offered by PetPartners provide coverage for recurring expenses like flea and tick prevention treatments, diagnostic examinations, and vaccinations. These costs add up quickly and a policyholder can save thousands throughout their dog or cat’s lifetime.
PetPartners Goes Beyond Just Offering Insurance
- Round-the-Clock Veterinary Support: Day or night, pet owners can contact the PetPartners 24/7 Vet Helpline for answers to their pet health questions. Veterinary technicians will be able to advise on whether your pet’s symptoms require a trip to the vet or emergency attention.
- A Pet-Loving Community: TailTrax is an app for pet parents that focuses on community, comfort, and convenience. This user-friendly app provides the ability to search for pet-friendly establishments across the country, offers easy access to a pet’s vet records and vaccinations, and engages users with the wider TailTrax community in a social media-like environment (think: videos, pictures, and comments).
How to Get Started with a Pet Insurance Quote
Navigating the world of pet insurance can be complicated, but PetPartners makes it simple, even for first-time pet owners, to acquire coverage. Introduce yourself to the PetPartners team for an instant quote. If you’re purchasing a pet as a gift for a friend or family member, encourage them to do the same.
Get Your Quote Today